Our mission is to enable young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
B&G Club Core Beliefs
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Southwest Virginia provides:
Provide a world-class Club Experience that assures success is within reach of every young person who enters our doors, with all members on track to graduate from high school with a plan for the future, demonstrating good character and citizenship, and living a healthy lifestyle.
Our Service Area
Boys & Girls Clubs of Southwest Virginia currently serves children at:
- 9th Street S.E. in Roanoke City
- Shawsville Middle School
- Eastern Montgomery Elementary School
- Christiansburg Middle School
- Eastern Montgomery High School
- Rocky Mount Elementary School
- Lee M. Waid Elementary School
- Andrew Lewis Middle School (serving East Salem and G.W. Carver)
- Andrew Lewis Middle School
- Burlington Elementary School
- Vinton Baptist Church (serving W.E. Cundiff and Herman L. Horn)
*The 9th Street location serves as the administrative headquarters for all sites.
The Clubs are open Monday-Friday all day and into the evening hours during the school year. Summer camps operate all day Monday-Friday.
All Club sites operate a summer camp program.
Club participation is affordable to all families. The most a family will pay for a child to be enrolled in our after-school program is a $15 annual membership fee and $15 per week. We also offer full-day summer camps at all locations, with a maximum fee of $65 per week. No families are turned away for inability to pay, and at all grant-funded locations, fees are always $0.
Boys & Girls Club staff, volunteers, partners and board members believe in the potential of each and every child.