What We Offer
Boys & Girls Clubs offer young people what they need and want most in our community:
- adults who respect and listen to them;
- a safe environment where they can have fun and be themselves
- interesting, constructive activities that channel their energy into challenging pursuits.
All Boys & Girls Clubs programs are based on youth development strategies that build self-confidence and self-esteem to foster a sense of belonging, competence, usefulness and influence.
After School Programs
Throughout southwest Virginia, children ages 5 to 18 benefit from our successful after-school program. By providing a safe environment and an encouraging, professional staff, we prove year after year that “great futures start here.”
Some of the highlights of our after-school program include:
- An opportunity for tutoring from staff, volunteers, and in some cases,
- Educational programming
- Recreational activities
- Opportunities to learn and participate in the arts
- A snack provided each afternoon
Contact the Unit Director at your site of interest for more information and to apply.